- 05 Jul 2023
- Updated on 05 Jul 2023
LandVision users can utilize Google Earth™ or Google Earth Pro™ for further map analysis. Google Earth™ provides a host of features integrated with LandVision including the ability to view the terrain to understand topography, 3D buildings, and Street View from Google Maps™. Simply zoom to an area of interest and right-click on the map to open Google Earth™ .
*Download of Google Earth™ required
View in Google Earth
1. Zoom in to the area you'd like to view in Google Earth. Right-click on the map, and click View in Google Earth.
2. A dialogue box will appear and a KML file will download to your device. If you don't already have Google Earth or Google Earth Pro installed, use the link provided in the dialogue box to install it.
3. Click on the downloaded KML file to open in Google Earth and you will be taken to your selected location from LandVision. If Google Earth is not installed, then the KML File will not open.
4.You can now inspect your LandVision location in Google Earth and access the Street View feature.
Opening Google Earth
If the file is not loading, it may be because you haven't set up Google Earth to open the kml file type. To do this in Windows:
1. Make sure the file has downloaded to your device.
2. Go to your Downloads Folder and right click the kml file that downloaded from LandVision. Click Properties at the bottom of the menu.
3. Verify Opens With shows Google Earth. If not, click the Change button.
4. Choose Google Earth Application (double click).
5. Click the OK button.
Google Earth Navigation
1. Pan map by click-and-drag.
2. Zoom in or out, use the mouse-roller wheel, click on the + and - options, or click-and-drag the slider up or down.
3. To rotate map from north, east, west, south, click-and-drag on the N.
4. Click the up, left, right, down arrows to tilt the map.
5.For Street View, click-and-drag the person-icon to the map location you would like to view (located under the tilt arrows)
Download Google Earth
To download Google Earth go to the Google Earth website https://www.google.com/earth/versions/, and choose between the available options.
For More Google Earth Information: